Designed for young professionals ages 22-35, the Emerging Leaders program offers the opportunity to strengthen your personal, professional and civic leadership skills, gain a deeper understanding of the inner workings of the St. Louis region and build connections with a diverse network of peers.
You’ll leave the program with an increased sense of engagement in the region, as well as the tools to take an active role as the next generation of St. Louis civic and professional leaders.
Who Should Apply
If you’re a young professional who wants to gain a better understanding of yourself as a leader, of the St. Louis region and how you can get involved to make our community stronger, you may be a great fit for Emerging Leaders.
Like all FOCUS leadership programs, Emerging Leaders welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, industries and sectors.
What to Expect
The three-month program is held each spring and fall. Led by FOCUS’ experienced facilitators, subject-matter experts and regional leaders, the program includes:
- A two-day opening retreat (Friday, 4-8 p.m., and Saturday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- Two evening sessions, one Monday per month (5-8:30 p.m.)
- Two full-day sessions, one Thursday per month (8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- Civic Action Project (small group peer learning experience)
- FOCUS Now, an all-program graduation/networking event
- Complimentary 4-month FOCUS membership
Along the way, you’ll have the opportunity to explore your leadership style, examine regional issues from different perspectives, strengthen your communication skills, and build lasting connections with other leaders.
Upon graduation, you’ll also become part of the network of more than 10,000 FOCUS program alumni.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
We're now accepting applications for our Spring 2020 class.Sign Up