Emerging Leaders Civic Action Projects
The FOCUS Emerging Leaders program welcomes proposals from civic/community organizations for Civic Action Projects, to be completed by each Emerging Leaders cohort. These projects are community-based initiatives of importance that need focused attention by a multidisciplinary cross-sector team of leaders. Successful projects are well defined, with a specific request for engagement from an EL CAP team along with a targeted outcome for that engagement. Teams are made up of no more than six EL participants with a total of 4-6 teams. EL will conduct team projects with each fall/spring cohort with the intent of contributing to the community and incorporating service-learning into the program curricula.
Benefits for Participating Organizations
Team projects provide the opportunity for Champion organizations/initiatives to:
- Benefit from a diverse team of dedicated community leaders
- Meaningfully address a current civic challenge
- Explore creative solutions to problems
- Grow your civic network among team participants and other class members
- Nurture leadership that embraces new ideas and taking risks
Benefits for Emerging Leaders Participants
Team projects provide an opportunity for EL participants to:
- Work directly with organizations and leaders to address challenges facing our region
- Apply and develop leadership skills while implementing best practices learned in EL
- Work alongside community leaders and senior level professionals
- Engage in peer-to-peer mentoring
- Leverage the dynamic backgrounds and perspectives of class members
- Facilitate the development of long-term relationships and sustainable solutions
Individuals and organizations wishing to convene a team project must:
- Outline a project or initiative that serves the Greater St. Louis region;
- Be realistic about expectations for team involvement (on average, each participant will spend approx. 10-12 hours on the project over the duration of the 3-month program);
- Engage with a project team for the duration of the program and attend meetings on program days;
- Have a clear understanding that this engagement does not involve fundraising;
- Identify Champion(s) that will provide support to the team throughout the project; and
- Have support from your Board of Directors, Advisory Board or senior leadership.
We will not consider team project requests from religious organizations for sectarian purposes, for-profit companies, sports teams or political organizations.
To submit a proposal, please complete the form below. Questions? Contact Emerging Leaders Director Shalia Ford at (314) 657-4021 or email@example.com.