Leadership St. Louis
Founded in 1976, Leadership St. Louis® (LSL) is one of the most highly-respected leadership development programs in the nation. The program was built on the belief that the community, just as any business or organization, requires strong leadership to grow and improve. Graduates of the program include CEOs and senior level executives, entrepreneurs, elected officials, educators, attorneys, nonprofit directors and public servants. The common ground under this wide array of participants is a deep and active commitment to community improvement and making our region stronger.
Who Should Apply
If you are an experienced leader who wants to gain a deeper understanding of the St. Louis region, explore collaborative civic leadership and build connections across sectors, you may be a great fit for Leadership St. Louis.
Like all FOCUS leadership programs, Leadership St. Louis welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, industries and sectors.
What to Expect
Leadership St. Louis is a nine-month program, with full-day sessions on Friday and Saturday each month from September to May.
The LSL experience is immersive, bringing you out in community to see and learn firsthand about the challenges and opportunities facing our region. On any given program day, you may be:
- Talking with police, prosecutors, victims and past offenders about the justice system
- Touring nonprofit agencies to understand the social services safety net
- Discussing leadership challenges with the CEOs of the region’s largest employers
- Going backstage with the directors of an area arts organization
- Visiting area schools to explore best practices and educational gaps
- Weighing state and local priorities with officials in Jefferson City
In the process, you’ll gain the perspective, resources, knowledge and network to have a greater impact as a leader.
Upon graduation, you’ll also become part of the network of more than 8,500 FOCUS program alumni.