FOCUS Impact Fellows
Launched in 2016 as the next level of “hands-on” leadership development, the FOCUS Impact Fellows program is designed for participants to learn while doing.
The Impact Fellows program has distinguished itself among leadership programs by combining a project-based curriculum creating real-world impact with a core concentration on racial equity. Past cohorts have participated in projects that have now leveraged more than $2.5 million in grant funding for our community partners. The program leverages participants’ unique skills, networks, and resources, in collaboration with community organizations and experts, to create a tangible impact in the St. Louis region.
Who Should Apply
If you are an experienced leader looking for meaningful civic engagement on issues critical to our region, you may be a great fit for Impact Fellows.
- Established leaders with an interest in changing the definition of “business as usual” in St. Louis
- Energetic visionaries with a desire to bring about meaningful change in our region that positively affects ALL in our community.
- Community partner organizations who are ready to tap the energy of the next cohort on a specific issue or project to make an impact in St. Louis.
What to Expect
The FOCUS Impact Fellows experience is immersive, hands-on, challenging – and rewarding. As a result, you will:
- Gain experience as a community leader providing solutions for tough civic challenges
- Benefit from the opportunity to meet and work with the area’s top experts and key decision-makers
- Gain significant experience in valuable leadership skills, including systems thinking, change management, critical reasoning, strategic planning, human-centered design, and group dynamics.
Impact Fellows is a nine-month program, with sessions held 1-2 times a month from September-May. You’ll also spend time outside of program days for individual and group work on the project(s).
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Sign up to be notified when applications open for our next cohort.Sign Up