FOCUS Impact Fellows
Launched in 2016 as the next level of “hands-on” leadership development, the FOCUS Impact Fellows program is designed for participants to learn while doing.
The Impact Fellows program has distinguished itself among leadership programs by combining a project-based curriculum creating real-world impact with a core concentration on racial equity. Past cohorts have participated in projects that have now leveraged more than $2.5 million in grant funding for our community partners. The program leverages participants’ unique skills, networks, and resources, in collaboration with community organizations and experts, to create a tangible impact in the St. Louis region.
Who Should Apply
If you are an experienced leader looking for meaningful civic engagement on issues critical to our region, you may be a great fit for Impact Fellows.
- Established leaders with an interest in changing the definition of “business as usual” in St. Louis
- Energetic visionaries with a desire to bring about meaningful change in our region that positively affects ALL in our community.
- Community partner organizations who are ready to tap the energy of the next cohort on a specific issue or project to make an impact in St. Louis.
What to Expect
Participants will have the opportunity to make a significant difference while learning advanced strategic change management skills alongside regional leadership, and through a racial equity lens. You will:
- Gain experience as a community leader providing solutions for tough civic challenges
- Benefit from the opportunity to meet and work with the area’s top experts and key decision-makers
- Learn new leadership techniques by collaborating in novel settings toward shared goals.
The FOCUS Impact Fellows experience is immersive, hands-on, challenging – and rewarding. You’ll spend the first half of the program taking a deep dive into the issue, with unparalleled access to regional experts, agencies and organizations. Then, you’ll work alongside your peers to design and implement a sustainable project to address the issue in collaboration with area partners and make a meaningful impact. In addition to the knowledge gained, projects developed and networks built, you’ll gain considerable training and experience in change management, problem-solving, systems thinking, group dynamics and project management.
FOCUS Impact Fellows is 10-month program, with sessions held 1-2 times a month from August-May. You’ll also spend time outside of program days for individual and group work on the project(s).
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Sign up to be notified when applications open for our next cohort.Sign Up