Emerging Leaders Civic Action Projects
Civic Action Projects (CAP) are a key element of our Emerging Leaders curriculum, providing participants with the opportunity to work directly with community partners to address challenges facing our region and apply the leadership skills they’re developing in the program.
Individuals and organizations wishing to convene a team project must:
- Outline a project or initiative that serves the Greater St. Louis region;
- Be realistic about expectations for team involvement (on average, each participant will spend approx. 10-12 hours on the project over the duration of the 3-month program);
- Engage with a project team for the duration of the program and attend meetings on program days;
- Have a clear understanding that this engagement does not involve fundraising;
- Identify Champion(s) that will provide support to the team throughout the project; and
- Have support from your Board of Directors, Advisory Board or senior leadership.
We will not consider team project requests from religious organizations for sectarian purposes, for-profit companies, sports teams or political organizations.