Civic Engagement Forums
As a nonpartisan convener and facilitator, FOCUS' civic engagement forums provide opportunities to learn about and discuss key regional issues. In the past year, more than 1,600 community members and leaders attended a FOCUS forum.
Bringing together diverse perspectives, our forums offer:
- Access to education and resources on important civic issues;
- Space to engage in dialogue and understanding of opposing viewpoints; and
- Connection with other individuals who have an interest in the issue and leaders working in that space.
Many of our forums are free and open to the public. To access members-only events and discounts, join or renew your FOCUS membership.
Want to be notified of upcoming events? Sign up here.
Interested in partnering on or sponsoring a future forum? Contact Dr. Wally Siewert, Director of Civic Engagement, at (314) 657-4026 or by email.
Creating transportation-accessible and productive employment opportunities are essential to reducing poverty and increasing economic and social development for our region.
- FOCUS on New Civic Leadership: Perspectives from Non-Elected Alumni - Oct. 27, 2021
- FOCUS on Diversity: LGBTQIA+ - Oct. 11, 2021
- 2021 St. Louis Racial Equity Summit - Aug. 4-6, 2021
- The State of St. Louis: Where We Are, How We Got There and Our Future - April 27, 2021
- FOCUS on Diversity: Disabilities - April 16, 2021
- Making Meaningful Impact: How to Change the Way We Give - March 16, 2021
- FOCUS on Diversity: BIPOC - Feb. 19, 2021
- Legislating St. Louis: A Current Events Conversation about the City Board of Aldermen and the County Council - Feb. 17, 2021
- 2021 St. Louis Mayoral Primary Candidate Forum - Feb. 10, 2021
- Higher Education in the Age of Covid - Jan. 26, 2021
- Courageous Conversations: Leadership Among Political Controversy - Dec. 15, 2020
- Corporate Responsibility and Racial Justice - Nov. 10, 2020
- Novel Approaches to Gun Violence in St. Louis - Sept. 9, 2020