“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information.
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event, apply for one of our Leadership Programs or submit a nomination for one of our awards programs.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone, by mail or in-person.
- The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by FOCUS St. Louis. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities with any third-party organization or business. Exceptions shall be those required by law or requested in grant applications.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation.
- FOCUS St. Louis does acknowledge donors by name and/or description of donation in certain materials, such as the annual report, newsletters, event invitations or programs, brochures, the organization’s website or other means of expressing appreciation for the donors’ assistance. A donor wishing to view samples of these publications may do so by contacting FOCUS at the address below.
- FOCUS St. Louis will provide, at least annually, a means for continuing donors to inform the charity if they do not want their names acknowledged on any of the printed and electronic material mentioned above.
- If a donor chooses to opt out of any acknowledgement listings, the donor’s name and address will be made available only to members and/or staff of FOCUS St. Louis who are responsible for managing the business of the organization.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at FOCUS St. Louis, Attn: Vice President, 801 Olive St., Suite 110, St. Louis, MO 63101.
Policy updated 2/27/2018.