This Thanksgiving, we are so grateful for our FOCUS leaders and all the ways they show up in support of our mission:
- Keeping our program pipeline strong through nominations and referrals
- Investing in our financial sustainability through membership, donations and sponsorships
- Engaging in important conversations at our forums and events
- Serving on our board and committees to help chart our course forward
- Volunteering their time as program day speakers and selection judges
Just as importantly, we’re grateful for the way our FOCUS leaders show up in our region and beyond, demonstrating the importance of collaborative leadership, engaging in uncomfortable conversations, and striving to be agents of positive change.
The true impact of FOCUS is nearly impossible to measure, as it’s borne out through the thousands of FOCUS-trained leaders and the actions they take, big and small, on a daily basis — in their homes, schools, workplaces and communities.
Our region is better because you’re in it, and for that we’re thankful.
Yemi Akande-Bartsch, Ph.D.
President & CEO
FOCUS St. Louis