Upcoming FOCUS Virtual Events
Wednesday, May 13 – HR in the Age of COVID
Friday, May 15 – You’re Hired! Mastering the Job Search During a Pandemic
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Friday, May 29 – The Authentic Leader
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
What You May Have Missed Last Week
The Show Must Go On? COVID and the St. Louis Arts featuring:
Chris Hansen, Executive Director, Kranzberg Arts Foundation
Mont Levy, Chairman, Regional Arts Commission of St. Louis
Joan Lipkin, Artistic Director, That Uppity Theatre Company
Hana S. Sharif, Augustin Family Artistic Director, The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis
|FOCUS in the News
On Friday, FOCUS President & CEO Dr. Yemi Akande-Bartsch was featured on KTRS. Check out the interview here on leading in a pandemic.
Learning & Engagement
Each week, we’ll also be sharing virtual opportunities for our FOCUS community members to continue their professional development and civic engagement. Share your opportunity here!
- May 11 – Learning from History about Disaster and Economic Inequality with Brown School at Washington University
- May 11 – MO Legislative Action Webinar with Missouri Jobs with Justice
- May 14 – The Way Forward: Empathy in Leadership with Cleveland Leadership Center
- May 15 – Keeping the Profits Flowing with St. Louis Regional Chamber
- May 21 – Maternal Health During COVID-19 for Women of Color with National Council of Jewish Women St. Louis
- May 29 – Leading with Grace During a Pandemic with Leadership Louisville
- Mission: St. Louis is hosting a food and essentials drive in North City on May 20. If interested in volunteering, contact Laura Kleffner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Center for Women In Transition is seeking volunteers to do grocery shopping for their residents.
- Recruiting is underway for our fall FOCUS programs. Submit a nomination or application for Emerging Leaders, Impact Fellows or Coro Women In Leadership.
- Nominations for the St. Louis Business Journal’s Most Influential Business Women Awards are due by May 15.