Upcoming FOCUS Virtual Events
Tuesday, May 5 – The Show Must Go On? COVID and the St. Louis Arts
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 13 – HR in the Age of COVID
What You May Have Missed Last Week
Medical Realities: Inequity in the Age of COVID-19, featuring:
Fredrick Echols, MD, Director, City of St. Louis Department of Health
Alex Garza, MD, Chief Medical Officer for SSM Health, & Incident Commander for the St. Louis Metropolitan Pandemic Task Force
Laurie Punch, MD, Trauma Surgeon at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Associate Professor at the Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine
The Fundraiser’s Story
Featuring Martin Leifeld, Martin Leifeld Leadership & Fundraising
Presented with support from Citi and Daugherty Business Solutions
No surprise to see a number of our FOCUS alumni highlighted in St. Louis Magazine’s recent feature on “How St. Louisans have stepped up to help during the COVID-19 crisis,” including:
Thank you to all our FOCUS alumni who are showing up to help lead our region forward!
Learning & Engagement
Each week, we’ll also be sharing virtual opportunities for our FOCUS community members to continue their professional development and civic engagement. Share your opportunity here!
- May 5 – Healing Justice Approaches to Self and Community Care with SLU’s Institute for Healing Justice and Equity
- May 5 – St. Louis Immigrants & COVID-19 with International Institute of St. Louis
- May 7 – There’s No More Stimulus Funding, Now What? with St. Louis Regional Chamber
- May 7 – Unemployment Benefits During COVID-19 with Legal Services of Eastern Missouri
- May 7 – Leading in Crisis with Psychological Associates
- Mission: St. Louis is hosting food and essentials drives in North City on May 6 and 20. If interested in volunteering, contact Laura Kleffner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominate a healthcare hero for Missouri Foundation for Health’s 2020 Dr. Corinne Walentik Leadership in Health Award.
- Recruiting is underway for our fall FOCUS programs. Submit a nomination or application for Emerging Leaders, Impact Fellows or Coro Women In Leadership.