Upcoming FOCUS Virtual Events
Wednesday, April 29 – Medical Realities: Inequity in the Age of COVID-19
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Friday, May 1 – The Fundraiser’s Story
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
What You May Have Missed Last Week
Higher Education in the Age of Coronavirus
Featuring Dr. Mark Lombardi, President, Maryville University; Dr. Elizabeth J. Stroble, Chancellor, Webster University; Dr. Kristin Sobolik, Chancellor, University of Missouri-St. Louis; and Dr. Randy Pembrook, Chancellor, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
The Art of Engagement: Storytelling for Leaders
Featuring Kerri Garbis, President & Founder, Ovation
Presented with support from Citi and Daugherty Business Solutions
Learning & Engagement
Each week, we’ll also be sharing virtual opportunities for our FOCUS community members to continue their professional development and civic engagement. Share your opportunity here!
- Recorded: Emotional Intelligence in Challenging Times with Psychological Associates
- April 27 – Unleashing Greatness in Others with Harvard Business Review
- April 30 – From Financial Response to Recovery: How Nonprofits Can Navigate the COVID-19 Crisis with Bank of America
- May 4 – Virtual Community Engagement Night with Immigrant & Refugee Women’s Program
- May 15 – Voices of the Region: Keeping Profits Flowing with the St. Louis Regional Chamber
- Check out this resource from Washington University School of Law First Amendment Clinic on how to remotely access St. Louis area government meetings.
- 100 Black Men of Metropolitan St. Louis is seeking volunteers to assist college students with strengthening their resumes and interview skills. For details, contact Justen Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The American Red Cross is seeking volunteers to serve as temperature screeners for donation centers and drives. They are also seeking people who are fully recovered from the coronavirus to donate plasma to help current COVID-19 patients.