With the developing news regarding COVID-19 (novel coronavirus), we wanted to take a moment to share how FOCUS St. Louis is addressing the concern in our leadership programs and events.
- We are closely monitoring the situation and are committed to following the recommendations of local, state and federal authorities.
- We are evaluating each of our program days and events on a case-by-case basis and remain in close contact with our partners, hosts, venues and vendors.
- We anticipate that some days/events will need to be cancelled, modified or rescheduled due to venue restrictions, availability of speakers or as a general precaution. If you are a current program participant and/or event registrant, we will communicate with you directly regarding changes to upcoming plans, so please watch your email.
- At this time, our 2020 What’s Right with the Region Awards Celebration on May 7 is still on. If we determine that it’s necessary to reschedule or cancel when we get closer, ticket purchases will be refunded.
As leaders in the community, it’s important to follow evidence-based guidelines. To this end, we encourage all of our program participants and attendees to:
- Practice good hand-washing & hygiene. Wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and water throughout the day, especially after using the restroom or before eating. Cover your mouth or nose with a tissue or your upper sleeve when you cough or sneeze. When soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Stay home if you’re sick, particularly if you’re experiencing a fever, cough or difficulty breathing. You should also stay home if you’ve been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19. If you’re experiencing symptoms, the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services has activated a statewide, 24/7 hotline at (877) 435-8411. Or, on the Illinois side, you can call (800) 889-3931.
If you have any questions on COVID-19, we recommend the following resources:
Thank you for helping to keep our community and your fellow leaders healthy and safe!