Current job openings
Finance and Benefits Administration Manager
FOCUS St. Louis® is seeking a Finance and Benefits Administration Manager reporting to the President/CEO. This position will define the process and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support substantial growth for FOCUS St. Louis. S/he will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems which include financial, accounting, legal, human resources (HR), and physical infrastructure.
areas of responsibilities
The Finance and Administration Benefits Manager will have eight to ten years of experience in accounting and financial management with increasing responsibilities for directing, managing, leading, planning, and implementing those activities. S/he will have experience creating and driving the analytic framework for planning and managing organizational change in a highly entrepreneurial organization.
Candidates must have knowledge of generally accepted accounting and financial principles, and pertinent regulations, requirements, and laws as they apply to accounting and financial matters.
Experience and Attributes
- A relevant Bachelor's degree (+), CPA preferred and a minimum of eight to ten years' experience.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development; cash flow management, grant reporting, and auditing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Technologically savvy, with an ability to point to examples of having worked with IT staff to develop and implement new processes and systems that increased efficiency in a fast-moving environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Quick Books.
- Solid accounting and payroll experience to include general ledger (Great Plains), payroll processing (ADP online), accounts payable, accounts receivable, and benefits administration.
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and communication skills as well as the ability to understand and apply federal and state laws and rules are a must.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team structure.
- Superb organizational skills with unparalleled attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills that showcase a confident demeanor to communicate complex accounting functions to non-accounting staff and a variety of constituents.
To make inquiries or express interest about the position, send a resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements to Dr. Yemi Akande-Bartsch, President/CEO at YemiA@focus-stl.org. Review of applications will begin September 26, 2016.
FOCUS St. Louis® is an equal employment organization. The organization is committed to the principles of affirmative action and acts in accordance with state and federal laws.
CURRENT volunteer/internship opportunities
Internship - Alumni Engagement
Internship - Communications/PR