Guidelines for Civil Discourse
For Community Conversations that are both engaging and inclusive, the following discussion guidelines should be mutually observed by participants. This will keep the conversation lively, on topic, and most importantly, CIVIL.
- Please be respectful of the diversity of each other’s views.
- Contribute to this discussion without being overly partisan – focus on the topic and its local/regional consequences.
- A facilitator may ask that you be recognized before responding to a comment made by a member of group.
- Disagree without being disagreeable.
- We encourage an active conversation and participation from everyone – don’t monopolize the floor.
- Listen and learn. The point of this Community Conversation is to engage your fellow citizens is a thoughtful discussion about our community